A Fairytale Come True In Disneyland Paris


I am so excited to finally be able to sit down and write this blog post because I can reflect on the most magical holiday and share my memories and photos with you too! I'm not sure where to begin exactly so grab a cuppa with a sprinkle of pixie dust and let the adventure begin! 



Before this trip to Disney I hadn't yet had the opportunity to go but I am a massive Disney fan and it has always been one of my biggest dreams! In May 2017 after lots of hard work, saving pennies and some help from my wonderful grandma my dream finally came true and me and my fiance Simon went on the eurostar to DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!! 

 "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" - Cinderella 

I don't care what anyone says Disneyland will always be my happy place and hold a special place in my heart and it is also somewhat romanticised for me as this trip was everything I dreamed of and more! We stayed in the Santa Fe hotel and when we first arrived we had the best intentions to head to the park but we very both VERY tired and a little grumpy and I don't mean the dwarf  so we decided to have a chilled night and wake up fresh as daisies the next day so we could fully enjoy every magical minute!

Our first day we headed to the Walt Disney Studios as it was my mission to meet my favourite princess Belle who we knew was going to be there! I can't believe how lucky we were when it came to meeting characters and the amazing interactions we had! I was giddy with excitement when I saw there was a very short queue to meet Max Goof, who else loves a Goofy movie?! I also met Belle and we instantly became best friends, she complimented me on my makeup, we spoke about books, my birthday and enchanted castles (my heart was exploding with happiness) After my fangirl moments myself and Simon carried on exploring, our days were jam packed with magic and excitement so I cant remember every little detail in order of when we did things because so much happened and this is already going to be a long blog post. But i'm very much enjoying reminiscing on some of the highlights and my favourite memories! The Walt Disney Studios is smaller than the Disneyland Park and we managed to do a lot of what we wanted like watching The Moteurs Action stunt show spectacular and going on the studio tram tour were definitely highlights for both myself and Simon as they had lots of action and surprises! We were just big kids for the day and enjoying being in the moment with eachother and taking it all in.



"Here is the world of imagination, hopes and dreams, In this timeless land of enchantment, the age of chivalry, magic and make-believe are reborn and fairytales come true. Fantasyland is dedicated to the young in heart, to those who that when you wish upon a star, your dreams come true." - Walt Disney

I absolutely adore this quote because it pretty much sums up what Disney gives to me and so many others! Also Fantasyland has become extra special for me as my birthday spent there quickly became THE BEST DAY EVER (as Rapunzel would say) My birthday is on May 14th and as we entered Main Street USA I couldn't quite believe we were in Disney on my birthday, a definite pinch me moment! The song 'Married Life' from UP was playing and everywhere is an Instagrammers dream for taking pictures, the shop exteriors are so cute and the smell of popcorn was filling the air! I queued to meet Minnie Mouse which felt like forever but was so worth it, she loved my outfit and was so sweet and sassy. It also started to rain on my birthday but it was on and off for that day only and we bought rain anoraks which kept us dry whilst the rest of our holiday was far more warm and sunny than had been forecast. Simon caught the sun and we would often stop for ice cream at Fantasia's Gelati (any excuse) but it really did become very hot! After meeting Minnie Mouse we went to the candy palace which was so aesthetically pleasing and we bought a chocolate and marshmallow mickey shaped treat and giant pink candyfloss after enjoying the birthday sugar and taking lots of cute photos I couldn't wait to go to Sleeping Beauty's Castle which was our next destination.







We explored the castle which is a pastel pink dream and looked at all of the pretty details before heading to our restaurant reservation at Auberge de Cendrillon which is a Cinderella themed restaurant tucked behind Sleeping Beauty's castle in Fantasyland! As we ate and enjoyed a decadent lunch we were visited by Rapunzel, Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella and her mice Perla and Suzy. Simon was capturing the moments on camera watching my eyes light up as I spoke to and hugged each character! Also Perla was the cutest and kept flirting with him and Rapunzel asked us to smoulder for a photo! Simon is a laid back guy and he can be very shy but during our meal I thought he was acting really odd and I kept telling him to relax! Dessert was bought out which tasted like hazelnut and nutella and even had a white chocolate Cinderella glass slipper and everyone sung me happy birthday as I made a wish and blew out my candle. After we enjoyed dessert Simon went to the toilet and Perla joined me at the table to keep me company and shortly Simon came back (I soon found out he didn't even go to the toilet). We were looking at photos, talking about our day when he says "I've just dropped my napkin" and I was like"Ok babe, pick it up then" thinking nothing of it and just wondering why he felt the need to tell me that ha ha and then to my complete surprise I look to my right to see him beside me on his knee holding a ring! He said "I know this isn't your dream ring and it can be temporary until we get your dream ring" when i'm like "Is this real, is this actually happening" he starts to well up and continues to say "Freya will you make me the happiest man and be my wife" and of course we both started crying and I said "YES" I've never felt happiness like it and in that moment I felt like my heart was complete and I was dancing on clouds! It was the most special day of my life and I can't wait to marry my best friend who makes my dreams come true! We've been through a lot together but through everything we just get stronger and fall more in love!

"My heart has wings and I can fly i'll touch every star in the sky" - So This Is Love 

                             












After our meal we were in our little bubble and decided to go on some rides and went on the teacups, it's a small world, peter pans flight, le carrousel, we watched stars on parade, explored Adventureland and that evening we watched Disney illuminations which was pure magic and the perfect end to the perfect day! The rest of our holiday was filled with laughter, magical moments, food, shopping, meeting characters and we watched the fireworks most nights because we wanted to savour it for as long as possible and before we left we bought a beauty and the beast padlock and threw the key into the enchanted well at L'auberge de Cendrillon which was truly special and the padlock we can keep forever! This was the holiday of a lifetime that I will never forget and it really is the happiest most magical place on earth and I hope we can go back very soon. 

Thank you Disney for making me truly believe that magic does exist!

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and I would love to know one of your favourite Disney memories? 





"No matter how your heart is grieving if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true" - Cinderella 






























14 comments

  1. Freya I’m welling up at this post. πŸ˜ΏπŸ’˜ Your trip sounds like a dream ✨🏰🐭🌸🍎Honestly, the quote, “no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.. the dream that you wish, will come true” is so fitting with this post. Never give up on your dreams and I wish you and Simon a magical life together!! ☁️✨πŸŒ·πŸŒΈπŸ‘—πŸ’πŸ‘°πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're just THE cutest πŸ’— πŸ’« thank you lovely! It's one of my favourite quotes, Disney songs and I love Cinderella! πŸ‘ΈπŸΌ The quote has so much sentimental meaning to me πŸ’­ πŸ¦‹ ✨ never give up on your dreams either princess! πŸ‘‘ 🌹

      Delete
  2. I love your Marie ears πŸ˜πŸ’• Disney truly is a magical place ✨

    My favourite Disney memory is of seeing the castle in person for the very first time 😍

    Emily xxx
    awhimsicalrose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe, aren't they the cutest πŸŽ€ Marie is one of my favourite Disney characters EVER! I was hoping to meet her when I went but sadly she want there 😒 the ears are from Luby and Lola in case you were wondering! The castle is the most beautiful magical sight 😍 🏰 xxx

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely post Freya! Your Disney trip sounds magical from start to finish πŸ‘ΈπŸΌπŸ’—πŸ’«

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so happy you enjoyed it girly ☺️ πŸ’• ✨ it truly was so magical! Thank you for sweet comment πŸ‘ΈπŸΌ 🌸 😚

      Delete
  4. I’ve got goosebumps and tears in my eyes reading this post. What a beautiful, lovely account of a perfect Disney trip. This post embodies everything what makes Disney so special-that there’s magic in the world and dreams do come true ��✨��. The pictures are absolutely stunning and I adored your pink hair! I hope you both live happily ever after in perfect Disney bliss beautiful girl, you deserve it ������✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hayley your comment is so lovely 😭 πŸ’– I thoroughly enjoyed writing this blog post and now I feel like I've imortalised that special day! I can't put into words how grateful I am for your support and friendship! Thank you so much princess πŸ‘ΈπŸΌ πŸŽ€ πŸ’

      Delete
    2. You’re welcome lovely πŸŒΈπŸŽ€. The whole blog is wonderful but this post in particular is so special. I can’t beleive how perfect your pictures are, you have a real talent with photography too! I can’t wait to read more posts from you, I hope that you’re really successful in your blog and all your dreams come true πŸŽ€πŸ’–πŸ˜˜

      Delete
    3. This blog post is very personal and I put my heart into it πŸ’– Aww that really means a lot to me as I have such a passion for photography and creating beautiful photos! ☺️ Thank you so much babe for your amazing support and kindness, it really inspires me to keep creating and sharing my photos and stories! πŸ’– 🌸 😘

      Delete
  5. This is xhayley-kittyx btw xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg what a dream come true literally I may have shed a tear there while reading this 😭 I have yet to go to any Disney theme park and I'm in my 30s...keep saying one day! And hopefully it will be as magical as your experience πŸ’•✨ congrats! πŸ’•πŸ‘°πŸ»πŸ€΄πŸΌπŸ’πŸ’— -supersmalley on IG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with the feedback I'm getting on this post as it's very special to me! πŸ’— πŸ’ I know you will go to Disney one day, just work hard and keep that goal in sight 🏰 remember a dream is a wish your heart makes! πŸ‘ΈπŸ» Thank you for reading babe and leaving me a lovely comment, I really appreciate it xo

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy for you, I'm missing words to say how much I love this article, I think it's my favorite on your blog, your proposal is so dreamy, congrats to you and your fiance. πŸ’• Did you have meet Marie during your trip ? I hope next time you come I can see you and eat coton candy together πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig