10 Ways to be a modern day Cinderella


You'll only need to take a glimpse at my content (or my Instagram) to know I have teensy obsession with fairytales and being a princess. What? Really? I know you would have never of guessed it right? Also I'm still waiting for my animated feature film, Disney?!) Anyway you're probably well aware of this by now and I thought I would share ten enchanting secrets on how to release your true inner princess. 
And you don't have to love Disney, wear tiaras or like the colour pink as much as me to be a modern day Cinderella! Princess's are so much more than that, they inspire me because they are strong, loving and kind hearted and Cinderella is the epitome of those characteristics. No matter who you are, where you come from or what you've been through you can let your princess spirit sparkle!
"See the world not as it is but as it could be, if only you believe in courage, kindness and occasionally just a little bit of magic"


1. Have Courage and Be Kind -  
One of my favourite quotes ever and not just because it's from Cinderella but because it has such a powerful meaning to me! When Cinderella's mother utters these words to her it makes me cry every time because I can picture my mum saying the same to me, because no matter what you go through in life to always remain courageous and be kind to others and yourself is truly a lovely quality! Even if someone is mean or doesn't appreciate that about you just kill them with kindness because monsters are just dreamers with broken hearts! Or when life feels dark stay courageous because I promise it will get better you just have to believe that it will so have courage and be kind always.

2. Always see the best in others - 
Even when that person can't see it in themselves because although not everyone is nice more often than not there is a spark of good in people, they just maybe in a lot of pain or sadness, they may refuse to let it show that they are nice because they think it's a weakness or they may just be having a bad day! What I'm trying to say is have patience, don't be judgemental and try and understand and listen to others because you never know what someone is going through.

3. A dream is a wish your heart makes - 
Have faith in your dreams because someday your rainbow will come smiling through! Don't just wait for them to come true though go and live your dreams! You have to put in the hard work and believe in yourself because a dream is a wish your heart makes when your fast asleep but when you awake from slumber don't just let your dream be a dream and go and make it a reality.

4. Treat animals and nature with respect - 
Being aware of your actions and simply remembering this planet is our home and nature and animals are beautiful! Yes I'm the kind of person that will move snails away from pavements so they are away from harm and I would never intentionally throw rubbish on the floor! It's the small things that make a difference, do good deeds and carry out random acts of kindness.

5. Be Young Hearted - 
Each day is a gift so explore with wonderment, have a thankful heart and upon waking up think of all the things you're grateful for. Have an open heart, curious mind, be free spirited and see the beauty that surrounds you!

6. Make Wishes - 
Cast wishes on dandelions, shooting stars and dream the improbable but don't just wait for a fairy godmother to arrive, make your miracles happen!


"When you wish upon a star makes no difference who you are anything your heart desires will come to you"

7. It's not a tiara that makes a princess but a kind soul - 
Princess's are kind and graceful, they let there beauty shine from within! It doesn't matter what you look like or what you wear a true princess has a beautiful heart! Pamper yourself and have fun with makeup because it's good for the soul, enhances your favourite features and allows creativity but don't let appearance define you or anyone else.

8. Create your own destiny - 
Pathe your path, trust yourself, follow your heart and be the hero of your own life not just a character from somebody else's storybook, a world of wonder and enchantment awaits. 

9. Treasure true love - 
If there is one thing I've learnt it's that true love doesn't just have to in the form of a boyfriend/girlfriend (and no it wasn't Frozen that taught me that) True love are those around you that love you unconditionally and support you no matter what whether that be family, friends or a significant other! I am an old romantic and have found my prince though it hasn't always been easy because true love isn't always easy but through everything we have each others back and support one another through all life throws at us and each day we get stronger and when I look at him I know I'm home (cheesy but true) you have to appreciate the ones that love you.

10. Laughter is timeless - 
Don't take life too seriously, be silly, smile and make others happy! There is of course a line when something is no longer funny so don't be rude or arrogant but laughing with others is one of my favourite things! Laugh till your belly hurts, it's a great medicine. 

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever" - Walt Disney


So there you have it, my ten ways to be a modern day Cinderella, I really loved writing this post and I hope it's inspired you to be the princess that you are, follow your dreams, to live passionately in your own fairytale and wherever you go, go with all your heart!

May you live happily ever after! 

and stay magical.

xoxo

8 comments

  1. I loved this post FreyaπŸŒΈπŸ™ˆ "Have courage and be kind" is one of my favourite quotes tooπŸ•ŠπŸ•―☁️πŸ’«

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much kindhearted beauty! Isn’t it such a magical & inspiring quote! xo

      Delete
  2. Your article and words are so true. It's funny because everyday I'm trying to do every bit of your list too. It's not Cinderella who inspir me but Belle; she's kind to everyone, love her familly more than anything, talk with her horse and cute objects like I do with my cat and my fav thingd ahah ; and she loves the Beast even if he's a beast and has flows, she has seen past that and have find her great love. I'm trying to be everyday like her and with some chicky times like Marie is with her brothers, another thing I share with Marie is her love for her mother, I love my mom to the moon and back, just like she love Duchess. Great article, thank you for this. πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinderella is a princess everybody knows and her kindness and courage inspire myself and others so that’s why I used her in the title and some of her quotes! Belle is my favourite princess though followed by Cinderella! I may create a blog post with Belle in mind one day. The love Marie has for her mother is something I share too! So lovely, thank you for your comment. xo

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful post Freya, I loved it! I agree that we can all be modern day Disney Princesses so long as we open our hearts, our minds and see the world for all of the beautiful things it can be! We must never stop following our hearts!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Louise I’m so pleased you liked it πŸ’• exactly lovely, we can all be modern day princesses if we do these things! πŸ‘‘ 🌸 ✨ xo

      Delete
  4. This post cheered me up so much Freya. I’m going to try and keep all your thoughts in mind when I’m struggling or feel like giving up. Thank you ☁️✨πŸ’ŽπŸŒΈπŸ­πŸ’˜ xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that makes me so happy to know my post has cheered you up ☺️ πŸ’– I hope my thoughts bring you comfort, strength and magic on days that you’re struggling 🧚🏻‍♀️ never give up princess & hold onto your crown! πŸ‘ΈπŸΌ 🌸 πŸŽ€ xox

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig